Seven Superfoods For A Healthy Brain Boost
Exercising your brain by challenging it with puzzles, new languages, etc. isn’t the only way to maintain brain health. There are some foods you should definitely add to your diet plan. They will improve your brain power, your memory, and your overall physical health.
Here are seven popular superfoods proven to boost brain power...
- Walnuts -- Eating a handful of walnuts increases the amount of omega-3 fatty acids. They are essential for the proper functioning of your brain's neurotransmitters.
- Wild Salmon -- Our brains are about 60% fat. They require fatty acids to work properly. Wild salmon contains DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) which provides the ability to resist Alzheimer's disease and to prevent inflammation.
- Tomatoes -- Tomatoes contain lycopene, which fights free radical damage to brain cells and can affect dementia. Tomatoes can also reduce your risk of stroke and improve your mental acuity.
- Broccoli -- High in the nutrient, choline, which helps with the continued growth of brain cells and neurotransmitter connections, broccoli is also rich in vitamin K which helps in brain functions such as cognitive skills.
- Green tea -- Known for years to help the brain's neurotransmitters communicate with each other, green tea can effectively boost your concentration ability and help prevent dementia. Drinking two to three cups of green tea a day may also reduce the risk of Parkinson's disease.
- Turmeric -- Adding some turmeric to your diet can help keep your brain active and strong and also help reduce your risk of Alzheimer's disease. Sprinkle some turmeric over your food or add it to beverages. This healthy spice contains curcumin, which is essential to brain health.
- Dark Chocolate -- Your entire body can benefit from adding dark chocolate to your diet plan. It's especially good for your brain because of its powerful antioxidants. It also contains flavonoids which increase blood circulation, especially to the brain. (Just don't go crazy!)
Another food which can contribute to better brain health is acorn squash. It contains vitamin B12 and folic acid. Both can help prevent nerve damage and brain atrophy.
Blueberries are also known to keep your brain functioning at its very best.They contain flavonoids which protect against free radicals and also play a significant part in improving cognitive skills and boosting memory.
Add these brain power foods to your diet plan to stave off the effects that aging has on your brain and body.
Every day.....Say NO To Stroke!